“Through this Movement, I am calling all my children to consecrate themselves to my Heart, and to spread everywhere cenacles of prayer.” (473 i: May 13, 1992)
Annual MMP Retreat for Oceania in 2023
The Marian Movement of Priests (MMP) is pleased to advise that our Annual Oceania Retreat for 2023 will be held at the St Clement’s (Redemptorist) Retreat Centre at GALONG NSW (near Yass) from 31 July – 4 August 2023 (inclusive).
The Retreat will be led by Fr Donal McIlraith, the Fiji-based Columban Priest who is responsible for the MMP in Oceania. The retreat is open to all Priests, Religious and Lay members. The retreat commences with lunch at 1.30 pm on Monday 31st July 2023 and concludes after lunch on Friday 4th August 2023. All necessary information will be provided to participants prior to the Retreat; the daily program will be provided on arrival.
A range of room-types are available. Rooms have single beds, or twin-single beds, or double or queen sized beds; a few (flats) also have a sofa for relaxation. All rooms have desks, and some form of heating. While most rooms access shared bathroom facilities, some have ensuites. Rooms that can accommodate two people will wherever possible be allocated to two people (to maximize the number of people who can attend). The cost of the retreat (including accommodation, linen, and all meals) varies with room-type (see overleaf); rooms with ensuites cost $100 extra pp.
Transport to the Retreat Centre can be undertaken either:
- by CAR (1.5 hr from Canberra; 2.5 hr from Albury, Orange or Griffith; 3.5 hr from Sydney; 6 hr from Melbourne); or
- by TRAIN (the nearest railway station is Harden, 23 km from the Retreat Centre – train travelers will be met at the station); or
- by BUS (the MMP will arrange a dedicated bus from Sydney if sufficient people are interested).
Inquiries can be made by email (email@example.com) or post (PO 636 Castle Hill NSW 1765).
Registration must be made on the form below. Completed registration forms should be scanned & emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org) OR posted (PO Box 636 Castle Hill NSW 1765). You are encouraged to register as soon as you can.
A deposit of $250 pp for the retreat is payable at the time of registration, either:
- by bank transfer to our St George Bank account (Account name: MMP; BSB: 112879; A/C: 041489990). If paying by bank transfer, please identify yourself in the reference section of the bank transfer notice, OR forward a copy of the bank transfer receipt to email@example.com, so we know who has paid; OR
- by bank cheque or money order or personal cheque made payable to the MMP & posted to PO Box 636 Castle Hill NSW 1765.
NOTE: Anyone who cancels their registration after 1 July 2023 will lose $100 of their deposit; if booked to catch the bus, they will lose an extra $50 of their deposit. Anyone who cancels their registration after 21st July 2023 will lose all their deposit.
Download the REGISTRATION FORM here.